Online Fashionista Terms for 2010
11. Draping or Grecian or goddess – The Greco-Roman goddess look continues its 2500-year comeback.
12. Eco-Fashion – Couture with carbon-offsetting properties; the Green movement has not invaded haute couture – yet.
13. On Trend – The ’oh so trendy’ way to say trendy.
14. Ethnicware – Also known as Multi-cultural.
15. Fast Fashion – The successor to High Street; the ability to produce low-cost knock-offs, includes such retailers as H&M and Target
Internet Top Fashion Buzzwords
16. Fruit Salad (or Macedonian) – Mixed prints are big and bold.
17. Tie-dyed Silk – Black silk is everywhere even in tie-dyed creations.
18. Muffin Top fashion – No worries on the runway but a muffin top is seen when the belly spills over the waistband in exposed ‘midriff’ fashion.
19. Palettes – Including Mimosa (yellow) and Blue Iris (purple).
20. Tribe – Fashion tribes are still en vogue whether hipsters or EMOs
Fashion Buzzwords & Fashionista Terms for 2010 & 2011
Fashion Words & Phrases on the Internet and throughout the blogosphere
Chiconomics, Michele Obama, Sheer, Metallics, and Gladiator were named the Top Fashion Buzzwords of the of Upcoming Fall & Winter 2010 Season by the Global Language Monitor(GLM)
The words were chosen from those gathered from the worldwide fashion media and nominated by key fashionistas
- Lady Gaga Tops Buzzword list for Spring 2010
Top Fashion Buzzwords
1. Chiconomics – The drive to chicness remains strong though affected by economic crisis
2. Michele Obama – Michelle says ‘Yes, we can!’ to bringing back a sense of fashion to the White House; further popularizes the single-shoulder look
3. Sheer (not see-through, please!) – Though sheer is synonymous with see-through often to embarrassing results (See Renée Zellweger at the Golden Globes.)
4. Metallics – Move over silver and gold this year it’s coppers and bronze as well as pewter tones
5. Gladiators – From chunky platforms to criss-crossed flats, one of the biggest shoe trends of the new century
6. Recessionista — Fashion designers, trend-setters and icons set out to weather the world economic crisis.
7. Voluminous – As in volume-mungous. Sometimes combined with the sheer look to dramatic results.